Monday, January 12, 2015

The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Published by Bantam on November 18, 2014

Summary: "The FBI had one demand when they secretly teamed up Special Agent Kate O’Hare with charming con man Nicolas Fox—bring down the world’s most-wanted and untouchable felons. This time it is the brutal leader of a global drug-smuggling empire. The FBI doesn’t know what their target looks like, where he is, or how to find him, but Nick Fox has a few tricks up his sleeve to roust this particular Knipschildt chocolate–loving drug lord.

From the streets of Nashville to the back alleys of Lisbon, from the rooftops of Istanbul to the middle of the Thames, Nick and Kate chase their mark. When they find themselves pitted against a psychopathic bodyguard and a Portuguese enforcer who gets advice from a pickled head, they decide it’s time to enlist some special talent—talent like a machete-wielding Somali pirate, a self-absorbed actor, an Oscar-winning special effects artist, and Kate’s father Jake, a retired Special Forces operative. Together they could help make this Fox and O’Hare’s biggest win yet . . . if they survive."  --From Goodreads


Things I Loved:
The Chemistry.  I know I put their chemistry as one of the things I loved in my review of the second book, The Chase, but it gets better and better with every book.  In this book Fox and O'Hare pretend to be married, and their chemistry was steamy.  

Kate kicks butt.  I love that the strong character in this series is not a man, but a tough woman.  I love the fact that Kate is always the one fighting hand-to-hand with men who are almost twice her size.  It just shows that size doesn't always matter.

Thing I disliked:
WHY CAN'T THEY GET TOGETHER ALREADY??!!  I think that explains itself.  I sure hope that they do something together in book four.  

Overall: I really think these books are getting more and more entertaining.  I can't wait for book four.

Disclosure: I purchased my own copy.

Fox and O'Hare series
The Job

No comments:

Post a Comment