Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers as Art


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's theme is a freebie, so I chose the top ten book covers I want to frame as art.  Here we go!


1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I love the bits of red on the covers. And the fonts?  Gorgeous!


2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I love the dreamlike quality of these covers.  The backgrounds of each, and the colors that are used make me swoon!


The symbols, the font, the placement of the red truck.


4. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
I love that the drawing for the book cover is done in pencil.  Also, the dragon is gorgeous.


5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor
The colors!  The fonts!  Lovely!


6. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
I love the colors and the necklace.  The cover also juxtaposes girly with the masculine.


7. A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
Who doesn't love ice cream?


8. Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
I love the eyes.  Windows to the soul.


9. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I love the ballerina.  And the mirror.  I love the entire cover.


10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Her dress!  The colors!  The stars!

What's your Top Ten Tuesday today?  Do you have any favorite book covers you want hanging on your wall?  Leave a list or link in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. The Infernal Devices has some of the most gorgeous covers ever! I love the series and the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this topic! You've picked some really pretty covers :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog! - Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list of books!! Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-like-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all the books you chose! They all have gorgeous covers.
    I really want to get The One and Only Ivan blown up for my daughters room. Love that book!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing this for Top Ten Tuesday a while ago, I know Cinder was on my list. It's still one of my favourite covers.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete