Thursday, January 22, 2015

All Fall Down by Ally Carter

All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Embassy Row #1
Published by Scholastic Press on January 20, 2015

Summary: "Grace can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay - in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved."  --From Goodreads


What I Loved:
The setting.  Adria.  I love how Ally Carter made Embassy Row come alive.  I could really picture the country, its King and Queen, and the tunnels that run under the city.  

The relationships.  The tensions between nations are realistic.  Iran is taboo, Russia and the United States have strained relations.  I really liked how Carter was able to translate those tensions into the relationships between the teens.

The ending.  While the ending was a bit of a cliffhanger, I'm going to guess MORE SPY STUFF?!?  I really hope so, as I miss Carter's Gallagher Girls series.

Overall, I really can't wait for the second book in this series.  I hope for it to be longer than a trilogy, but who knows?  The second book hasn't been announced yet, so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Disclosure: I purchased my own copy.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually DNFed this one today. I read about 75 pages into it and it was not holding my attention. I am glad to see you enjoyed it though. Great review!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete