Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Family Romanov by Candice Fleming

The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia by Candice Fleming
Published by Schwartz & Wade on July 8, 2014

Summary: "Here is the tumultuous, heartrending, true story of the Romanovs—at once an intimate portrait of Russia's last royal family and a gripping account of its undoing. Using captivating photos and compelling first person accounts, award-winning author Candace Fleming deftly maneuvers between the imperial family’s extravagant lives and the plight of Russia's poor masses, making this an utterly mesmerizing read." -- From Goodreads











My Thoughts:

I don't normally read a lot of non-fiction, but I'm really glad I picked up this book.  This book has a really interesting narrative, and it doesn't read like a normal book.  The story goes back and forth from the Romanovs to members of Russia's poorest class.  Comparing both was a brilliant move on the author's part.  The pictures included were fantastic, and I could tell that the author did a lot of research.  The bibliography, notes, and index and extensive.  

Disclosure: I purchased my own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment