Friday, December 26, 2014

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
Published by Delacorte on January 7, 2014

Summary: Sloane Emily Jacobs is an ice skater who crashed during junior nationals, and isn't ready for her big comeback.

Sloane Devon Jacobs is an ice hockey player who has been suspended from her team for one too many fights on the ice.

The two Sloanes meet by chance and decide to trade places for the summer. Each girl thinks she's the lucky one, not fully realizing what they are getting into.







My Thoughts:

This book is the contemporary take on the Parent Trap or It Takes Two. I loved the dynamics behind the switch, and the fact that the girls got to see a different side of themselves; without the pressure from their parents.

Overall, I was really glad that I had picked up this book. I also liked that I accidentally read it during the Olympics. It was a great, light entertaining read.

Disclosure: I borrowed this book from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment