Thursday, December 18, 2014

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Published by Putnam Juvenile on April 8, 2014

Summary: "Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth."  --From Goodreads



My Thoughts:


I loved this book!  It was such a cute story, and I loved that it was action packed.  Not something I expected when the main character is a Southern Belle.  Harper, the main character, is a spunky, type-A, overachiever.  She becomes the perfect blend of girly and action superstar.  This book is the first in a new series, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy from my library.

Rebel Belle series
Miss Mayhem

No comments:

Post a Comment