Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Falling into Place by Amy Zhang

Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
Published by Greenwillow Books on September 9, 2014

Summary: "Why? Why did Liz Emerson decide that the world would be better off without her? Why did she give up? Vividly told by an unexpected and surprising narrator, this heartbreaking and nonlinear novel pieces together the short and devastating life of Meridian High’s most popular junior girl. Mass, acceleration, momentum, force—Liz didn’t understand it in physics, and even as her Mercedes hurtles toward the tree, she doesn’t understand it now. How do we impact one another? How do our actions reverberate? What does it mean to be a friend? To love someone? To be a daughter? Or a mother? Is life truly more than cause and effect?"  --From Goodreads








My Thoughts:

I liked this book so much that I read it in one whole day.  I appreciated Zhang's character development, especially in regards to Liz.  The story was told in alternating POVs.  Liz's POVs were from before her crash, and Liz's friends were from after Liz crashed her car.  Liz had a lot of problems, but I liked how Liz felt remorseful for her actions.  I also liked the introduction of an elusive narrator (imaginary friend, perhaps?).  Overall, this was a good book.  If you liked Gayle Forman's If I Stay, you'll like this book.

Disclosure: I borrowed this book from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment