Friday, March 20, 2015

The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett and Jory John

The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett and Jory John
Published by Harry N. Abrams on January 13, 2015

Summary: "Miles Murphy is not happy to be moving to Yawnee Valley, a sleepy town that’s famous for one thing and one thing only: cows. In his old school, everyone knew him as the town’s best prankster, but Miles quickly discovers that Yawnee Valley already has a prankster, and a great one. If Miles is going to take the title from this mystery kid, he is going to have to raise his game.

It’s prankster against prankster in an epic war of trickery, until the two finally decide to join forces and pull off the biggest prank ever seen: a prank so huge that it would make the members of the International Order of Disorder proud."  --From Goodreads


This was a highly entertaining middle-grade read.  Miles was the prankster at his old school, and Niles is the suck-up kid at the new school... or is he?  I found myself giggling at many points in the book, especially when the rubber chicken came into play.  The pictures in the book are perfect, illustrating the funny bits without going completely over the top.  

If you're looking for a funny book, I would really suggest anything by Mac Barnett.  He's quickly become an author that I automatically add to my to-read list.

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy of this book from my local library.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Mac Barnett, so I feel confident that I would like this one. Thanks for the review.

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete