Friday, March 13, 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Red Queen Trilogy #1
Published by Orion on February 10, 2015

Summary: "The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?"  --From Goodreads


I really loved this book.  There is so much detail in the world building.  The scene that comes to mind is when Mare rides the boat back to the main palace.  The differences that she sees in the pockets of civilization from the boat are entirely different.

The ending also surprised the heck out of me.  I didn't see it coming.  I am really looking forward to the second book in this series.  Unfortunately, now I have to wait an entire year.

Disclosure: I picked this book up from my local library.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen such mixed reviews about this book. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it so much. It does sound like an interesting story. I keep waiting for my library to get it in but so far they haven't.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete