Monday, March 16, 2015

Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller

Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
Nightmares #1
Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers on September 9, 2014

Summary: "Charlie Laird has several problems.

1. His dad married a woman he is sure moonlights as a witch.
2. He had to move into her purple mansion, which is NOT a place you want to find yourself after dark.
3.He can’t remember the last time sleeping wasn’t a nightmarish prospect. Like even a nap.

What Charlie doesn’t know is that his problems are about to get a whole lot more real. Nightmares can ruin a good night’s sleep, but when they start slipping out of your dreams and into the waking world—that’s a line that should never be crossed.

And when your worst nightmares start to come true, well, that’s something only Charlie can face. And he’s going to need all the help he can get, or it might just be lights-out for Charlie Laird. For good."  --From Goodreads



I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I have real reservations when an author reads his own book, but Jason Segal knocked it out of the park. He knew his own characters, and in doing so, provided them with their own unique voices. My favorite was Meduso and his three snakes. Meduso lends the story the unique adult figure who also has his own nightmares to face.

I am really glad that this story is part of a series. I know I will be getting the audiobook again.

Disclosure: I borrowed the audiobook from my local library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment