Monday, February 2, 2015

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Lunar Chronicles prequel
Published by Feiwel & Friends on January 27, 2015

Summary:

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.
--From Goodreads.

Really, I went into this book knowing that I would love this book because I love the entire series so much.  I was not disappointed!  Without going into too much detail, I will say that Queen Levana is a stone cold beotch.  I kept waiting for her to feel something, but that never came.  I'm really glad that the readers got to see into the mind of Queen Levana, and this book makes me even more excited for Winter coming out in November.

Overall, this was a great book.  I would recommend reading Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, and then Winter.  There are some spoilers and hidden gems in Fairest that wouldn't be understood without reading the first three books.

Disclosure: I purchased my own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment