Monday, February 9, 2015

Delirium series by Lauren Oliver


The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver is on tap for today!

Delirium  •  Pandemonium  •  Requiem

Before the cure, everyone thought that love was a good thing.  Love caused you to do stupid things.  Now that scientists have perfected the cure and eradicated the disease.  Lena Holoway has always looked forward to receiving the cure because then she'll be safe and happy.  But only 95 days before her scheduled procedure, Lena does the unthinkable.  She falls in love.

I read all three books in the space of a week.  I really liked Delirium, but I had a holy crap moment with the ending of Pandemonium.  Requiem was also pretty good, and the story ended wonderfully.



The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken
A dystopia crossed with X-Men.

Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
More kids with powers, but with even more of a love triangle.

The Jewel series by Amy Ewing
A girl is purchased as a surrogate, stumbles into a rebellion.

Overall, this is a really solid series.  I truly love the premise of "if love was a disease".  I know teenagers have thought this at least once.  I'd recommend this series if anyone likes dystopias or if they like science fiction.  I find their religion fascinating because of the unique mix of Christianity and science.

No comments:

Post a Comment