Friday, February 20, 2015

Unchanged by Jessica Brody

Unchanged by Jessica Brody
Unremembered #3
Published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux on February 24, 2015

Summary: "After returning to the Diotech compound and receiving a successful memory transplant, Seraphina is now living a happy life with another synthetically engineered human like herself, with whom she is deeply in love. She has no recollection of Zen. But the nagging feeling that something is missing from her life continues to plague her. Diotech's newest product is about to be revealed—a line of genetic modifications that will allow people to live longer, fight disease, and change any unfavorable physical attribute they desire.

As more secrets are revealed, more enemies are uncovered, and the reality of a Diotech-controlled world grows closer every day, Sera and Zen must find a way to destroy the company that created her, or they’ll be separated forever."  --From Goodreads


What a stunning conclusion to this series!  I marathoned books 2 & 3, and I'm still in shock about the ending.  I loved Sera, and how she transformed from being this numb robot into becoming something more.  A person with her own memories and feelings.  I thought that the story behind her "birth" was sad and perfect all at the same time.  

Overall, this series is a series that I'm going to recommend to anyone who really likes science fiction.  Time travel is a large part of this series, along with genetic modification.  

Disclosure: I received a digital galley of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I can't wait to read Unchanged! I loved the previous books, and I'm so eager to see how it ends! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it! :)

    ReplyDelete