Friday, November 14, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Published by Dutton Books on January 10, 2012.

Summary: "Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten." --From Goodreads










My thoughts:



I just want to say that I first listened to this book at work.  Close to the end, I started crying.  At work!  Since I work with a bunch of librarians, all I had to say was "The Fault in Our Stars", and they understood.  TFiOS is one of those books that I enjoyed so much that I almost do not want to dissect the story.  The characters are well-developed.  They deal with things that adults would have a hard time dealing with.  I also love the fact that even though this book talks about cancer and deals with cancer, this is not a cancer book.  This book is about Hazel, Augustus, and Isaac living with cancer.

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment