Friday, November 21, 2014

Princess in Black by Shannon and Dean Hale

Princess in Black by Shannon and Dean Hale
Published by Candlewick Press on October 14, 2014
Princess in Black #1

Summary: "Princess Magnolia is having hot chocolate and scones with Duchess Wigtower when . . . Brring! Brring! The monster alarm! A big blue monster is threatening the goats! Stopping monsters is no job for dainty Princess Magnolia. But luckily Princess Magnolia has a secret —she’s also the Princess in Black, and stopping monsters is the perfect job for her! Can the princess sneak away, transform into her alter ego, and defeat the monster before the nosy duchess discovers her secret?" -- From Goodreads






My Thoughts:

I really liked this cute and spunky book.  The Princess is an unlikely superhero, and this can be easily incorporated into next summer's SRP.  I also appreciated how Princess Magnolia is prim and proper, but then has this edgier side as well.  I think girls will like this character, because like Princess Magnolia, they are more than just one quality.  I can't wait to see what other antics Princess Magnolia will get into!

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy of this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment