Monday, July 18, 2016

If I Could Turn Back Time by Beth Harbison

If I Could Turn Back Time by Beth Harbinson
Published by St. Martin's Press in July 2015

"Thirty-six year old Ramie Phillips has led a very successful life. She made her fortune and now she hob nobs with the very rich and occasionally the semi-famous and enjoys luxuries she only dreamed of as a middle-class kid growing up in Potomac, Maryland. But lately Ramie has begun to feel a little…empty.

On a boat with friends off the Florida coast, Ramie tries to fight her feelings of discontent with steel will and hard liquor. No one even notices as she gets up and goes to the diving board and dives in. So no one notices when she hits her head on the board on the way down…

She wakes some time later with a throbbing headache and something beeping next to her. A heart monitor? Is she in the hospital, head wrapped sarcastically, like some amnesiac woman in a Lifetime movie? She strains to understand a voice calling in the distance: “Wake up!” It’s her mother. “You’re going to be late for school again. I’m not writing a note this time…” -- From Goodreads

Will you like it?
I truly enjoyed this book.  I loved the time travel aspect of this book.  If you need a light hearted and entertaining read, I would definitely recommend this book.

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment