Tuesday, April 18, 2017

TTT: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's theme is things that will make me instantly want to read a book.

1. Fantasy or light Science Fiction
I will read pretty much any fantasy that I can get my hands on.  I think my favorites are Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Cinder by Marissa Meyer.


2. Magic
While this is a part of fantasy, I am a total goner if there is magic.  Double points if the MC needs to learn how to wield their magic.  Harry Potter comes to mind.


3. Spies
I love books that feature spies as MCs.  Especially when they have to infiltrate enemy lines.  My favorite spy novels are the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter.


4. Summer Romances
I am such a sucker for summer romances.  Everything is so free in the summer.  Sarah Dessen's books are must-reads in this genre.


5. Princesses
I love kick-ass female characters who are going to run their own countries someday.  Throne of Glass definitely falls into this category again.


6. Road Trips or Quests
I love the idea of road trips to find something or someone.  It also plays into the whole quest thing too.  I love when a MC comes out of their quest a better person.  In every single one of Rick Riordan's books, there is a quest.  And I love it.


7. Set in Europe
I love books set in Europe, especially England.  Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss is the perfect example.


8. Alternate timelines
I love when the MC is being mean and horrible, and then they hit their head and experience a different future or go back in time?  Yes!  Sign me up!  Jessica Brody's A Week of the Mondays fits perfectly!  The MC experiences the same Monday seven times before she makes the right decisions.


I'm probably forgetting things, of course.  But what about you?
What things will make a book an instant read for you?
Leave me a comment!

4 comments:

  1. Quite a few of these are on my list too! I love road trips, spies, magic, and fantasy too! This year I have been reading more and more fantasy and I love it! Set in Europe is a great one! I tend to pick up a lot of books that are set there too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all things fantasy. Ooh and princesses, and quests. And magic. Spies are pretty cool too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/top-ten-tuesday-103/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love books about royalty and stories set in Europe - and a little magic never hurt anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love set in Europe. I should have included that in my post!
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete