Thursday, September 22, 2016

Discussion: Book Hangovers

I finished Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas last Friday night.  I'm currently writing this on Sunday night, and I have had no inkling of picking up another book to start.  It'll be interesting to see how long the book hangover lasts for this one (I may have been teary when I ended it).

I've been thinking a lot lately about the number of books I read and the time that I take between books.  

I think this introspection is coming from the fact that Empire of Storms left me a snotty mess, and from the fact that as my circumstances in life change, I find myself having less and less time to devote to reading.  I have to remind myself that it's okay.  Life is not about comparing the number of books I read to anyone else.  I read for me.

I try to always be reading something.  So that even if I don't have time to binge, I am slowly working towards my goal.

So who knows when I'll finally pick up another book to read.  And I'm okay with that.

How long do your book hangovers usually last?  Leave me a comment so that I know I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment