Friday, September 23, 2016

The Assassin Game Kirsty McKay

The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay
Published by Sourcebooks Fire in August 2016

"At Cate's isolated boarding school, Killer is more than a game—it’s an elite secret society. Members must avoid being “Killed” during a series of thrilling pranks, and only the Game Master knows who the “Killer” is. When Cate’s finally invited to join the Assassins’ Guild, she know it’s her ticket to finally feeling like she belongs.

But when the game becomes all too real, the school threatens to shut it down. Cate will do anything to keep playing and save the Guild. But can she find the real assassin before she’s the next target?" -- From Goodreads

Will you like it?
I liked this book when I first started it, but then I put it down in favor of reading Empire of Storms.  I picked it back up almost two weeks later and didn't care about the characters or the plot anymore.  Character development felt unremarkable, and the entire story felt slow at times.  I finished the book only to find out who the actual killer was.  It was not someone I suspected, so that was what pushed my review from 2 to 3 stars.

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy of this book from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment