Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan

The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
Published by Disney-Hyperion in October 2016
Magnus Chase & the Gods of Asgard #2

"Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high."

Will you like it?
Any book written by Rick Riordan is an automatic must-read for me.  I love listening to them because the narrators are always fantastic and Riordan's words are so funny!

As much as I love Riordan's books, they have become a little formulaic.  Hero goes on quest.  Hero gets into a few scrapes.  Hero goes into last battle and against all odds, wins.  BUT.  I always learn about the Gods that Riordan features.  I am always learning and laughing, and that is what makes me come back to his books time after time.

I will be sorry to see Magnus Chase go after the next book, but I can't wait to find out what else Riordan has up his sleeve.

Disclosure: I borrowed a copy of the audiobook from my local library via Overdrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment