Thursday, August 11, 2016

Discussion: Which Books I Buy

I've seen a lot of people talk about how they choose which books to buy.  If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you've probably noticed that a lot of my books come from my local library.  Honestly, I go through books like water.  So here is my criteria for books I actually purchase.

Is it an author I purchase?

I have a few authors that I automatically pre-order anything that they're releasing.  Those authors include Rick Riordan, Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer, and Ally Carter.

Is it part of a series?

I'm currently in the middle of some series- like Rachel Hawkins' Rebel Belle series and Jenny Han's To All The Boys I've Loved Before series.

Is it a book I can't stop thinking about?

The Fixer series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes recently did this to me.  I've now added this to my wishlist for Christmas.

All in all I'm very picky with what I purchase.  I don't have a lot of space in my apartment, and I try to only purchase those books that I know I'm going to love.

How do you decide which books to purchase and which to get from the library?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment