Monday, January 25, 2016

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers in September 2015

"My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster." -- From Goodreads

Will you like it?
The premise of this book was unique.  What if you were so sick that you couldn't leave your house?  Of course, she falls in love with the guy next door.  Olly is the catalyst that prompts Maddy to try to push her boundaries.  This book did a perfect job of balancing the fun and the serious stuff.  If you like contemporary (with a dash of romance) novels, I would really recommend this to you!

News about the book:

  • Everything, Everything was optioned for a movie by MGM Studios before the book was published.  The movie is listed as in development on IMDB.
Disclosure: I borrowed a copy from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment